We administer a range of audit and compliance functions under the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program, using a risk-based framework approach.
Our VEU audit and compliance functions
We regulate participation in the Victorian Energy Upgrades program and promote compliance with obligations through monitoring, validation and audit activities and enforcement actions.
We apply an integrated risk-based framework to our audit and compliance functions, and regularly engage with stakeholders to discuss improvements. In doing so, we aim to promote active compliance cultures by all scheme participants.
We monitor compliance with the:
- the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Act 2007
- the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Regulations 2018
- the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (Project-Based Activities) Regulations 2017
- the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Amendment (Code of Conduct) Regulations 2022
- the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Guidelines
- guidance documents (which provide information to scheme participants in respect of our administration of the VEU program).
Compliance and enforcement policy
The commission's compliance and enforcement policy outlines our approach to compliance and enforcement in the sectors we regulate and administer, including the Victorian Energy Upgrades program.
The current commission-wide policy replaced the previous Victorian Energy Upgrades Compliance and Enforcement Policy in April 2022.