We have approved the prices Wannon Water can charge from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2028.
Wannon Water price review 2023
Guidance paper26 October 2021
Wannon Water price submission30 September 2022
Consultation closes1 December 2022
Draft decision6 April 2023
Consultation closes9 May 2023
Final decision23 June 2023
New prices apply1 July 2023
We have completed our review of the maximum prices and service levels to apply for Wannon Water customers from 1 July 2023.
View our final decision and price determination
Typical water and sewerage bills will rise from 1 July 2023
Typical annual residential owner occupier water and sewerage bills for 2023-24 will be $1,193 (including inflation), a 7.9 per cent increase from $1,106 in 2022-23.
Wannon Water will reduce its fixed water service charges by 1.2 per cent per year (before inflation) and increase its water usage charge by 2.1 per cent per year (before inflation), for residential customers, to provide greater control over bills.
Six outcome commitments
Wannon Water worked with its customers to develop outcomes, with accompanying measures and targets to track its performance each year.
Wannon Water’s outcome commitments to its customers are:
- Ongoing reliability of water and sewerage services
- Ongoing protection of the environment through action and education, prioritising Country and our communities
- Fair and reasonable bills for all
- Improved water quality in identified communities
- Improved customer experience of our products and services
- Active partnerships for healthy and resilient communities.
Read our fact sheet on the final decision
Consultation on our draft decision
We consulted on our draft decision between 6 April and 9 May 2023. All feedback received informs our decision making process.
- We received two submissions.
- We held an online public forum on 27 April 2023 attended by 29 members of the public and representatives from the water business and commission staff.
- Wannon Water provided a response to our draft decision.
Topics of discussion during the forum included:
- Wannon Water’s deep engagement on their pricing submission
- the need for new customer contributions to be cost-reflective
- the impact of the pricing submission on renters compared to home owners
The recording of this forum can be accessed below.
The public submissions received are available in the resources tab at this page.
Our final decision and price determination
Our draft decision
Submissions on our draft decision
Wannon Water's price submission
Feedback on Wannon Water price's submission
We consulted on Wannon Water's price submission until 1 December 2022 mostly via Engage Victoria. We received four submissions including one confidential submission. Submissions included feedback on changes in variable charges, engagement and waterways management.
We consider all feedback in our draft decision on Westernport Water's proposals. See our Submissions Policy for how we approach anonymous and confidential submissions.
Our guidance to Wannon Water on preparing its price submission.
Interactive fact sheet
In June 2023 the Essential Services Commission released its final decision on Wannon Water’s price submission. The final decision completes our review of the maximum prices that Wannon Water may charge for its services for a five-year regulatory period from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2028.