We have approved the prices Goulburn Valley Water Water can charge from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2028.
Goulburn Valley Water price review 2023
Guidance paper26 October 2021
Goulburn Valley Water price submission30 September 2022
Consultation closes1 December 2022
Draft decision12 April 2023
Consultation closes12 May 2023
Final decision23 June 2023
New prices apply1 July 2023
We have completed our review of the maximum prices to apply for Goulburn Valley Water customers from 1 July 2023.
View our final decision and price determination
Typical water and sewerage bills will rise from 1 July 2023
Typical annual residential owner occupier water and sewerage bills for 2023-24 will be $958 (including inflation), a 7.7 per cent increase from $890 in 2022-23.
Goulburn Valley Water retains its water and sewerage tariff structure. It will change its approach to calculating new customer contributions and developer charges and will introduce a new digital meter tariff.
Four outcome commitments
Goulburn Valley Water worked with its customers to develop outcomes, with accompanying measures and targets to track its performance each year.
Goulburn Valley Water’s outcome commitments to its customers are:
- We will provide reliable water and wastewater services customers can trust
- We will lead action and partner with our communities to grow the region
- We will care for the environment and adapt to a future impacted by climate variability
- We will deliver respectful and responsive customer service, balancing affordability, value for money and fairness.
Read our fact sheet on the final decision
Consultation on our draft decision
We consulted on our draft decision between 12 April and 12 May 2023. All feedback received informed our decision making process.
- We received five submissions including one confidential submission.
- We held a public forum on 2 May 2023 attended by 22 people online and 12 in person including members of the public, representatives from the water business and commission staff.
- Goulburn Valley Water provided its responses to our draft decision.
Topics of discussion during the forum included:
- positive comments on GVW’s engagement from members of its deliberative forums
- difference in inflation figure considered between the deliberative forum and the final presented
- notifying local communities about the potential for unplanned outages due to the annual compliance testing of bushfire safety equipment
- proposed rebate payment back to customers
The recording of this forum can be accessed below.
The public submissions received are available in the resources tab of this page.
Our final decision and price determination
Our draft decision
Submissions on our draft decision
Goulburn Valley Water's price submission
Feedback on Goulburn Valley Water price submission
We consulted on Goulburn Valley Water's price submission until 1 December 2022 mostly via Engage Victoria. We received 3 submissions that included feedback on digital metering, engagement, and waterways management.
We consider all feedback in our draft decision on Goulburn Valley Water's proposals.
See our Submissions Policy for how we approach anonymous and confidential submissions.
Our guidance to Goulburn Valley Water on preparing its price submission.
Interactive fact sheet
In June 2023 the Essential Services Commission released its final decision on Goulburn Valley Water’s price submission. The final decision completes our review of the maximum prices that Goulburn Valley Water may charge for its services for a five-year regulatory period from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2028.