We have approved the prices Coliban Water can charge from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2028.
Coliban Water price review 2023
Guidance paper26 October 2021
Coliban Water price submission30 September 2022
Consultation closes1 December 2022
Draft decision12 April 2023
Consultation closes12 May 2023
Final decision23 June 2023
New prices apply1 July 2023
We have completed our review of the maximum prices to apply for Coliban Water customers from 1 July 2023.
View our final decision and price determination
Typical water and sewerage bills will rise from 1 July 2023
Typical annual residential owner occupier water and sewerage bills for 2023-24 will be $1,477 (including inflation), an 8 per cent increase from $1,367 in 2022-23.
Overall, prices will go up by 2.5 per cent each year (before inflation) for the last four years.
Tariff structures will remain generally the same.
Coliban Water will introduce a new trade waste category and non-compliance charges.
Five outcome commitments
Coliban Water worked with its customers to develop outcomes, with accompanying measures and targets to track its performance each year.
Coliban Water’s outcome commitments to its customers are:
- We will supply high quality water you can trust
- We will provide services to meet the needs of our customers now and into the future
- We will reduce our environmental footprint and achieve a socially responsible, sustainable business for future generations
- Our investment will support the economic prosperity of our region
- We will support customers in need.
Read our fact sheet on the final decision
Consultation on our draft decision
We consulted on our draft decision between 12 April and 12 May 2023. All feedback received informed our decision making process.
- We received nine public submissions and one confidential.
- We held a public forum on 1 May 2023 attended by 31 people online and 16 in person including members of the public, representatives from the water business and commission staff.
- Coliban Water provided its response to our draft decision.
Topics of discussion during the forum included:
- the use of sustainable practices to managing water for future generations
- community acceptance of the need for price increases
- the quality of the engagement with community
- the inadequacy of engagement on new customer contributions
The recording of this forum can be accessed below.
The public submissions received are available in the resources tab of this page.
Our final decision and price determination
Our draft decision
Submissions on our draft decision
Coliban Water's price submission
Feedback on Coliban Water price submission
We consulted on Coliban Water's price submission until 1 December 2022 mostly via Engage Victoria. We received 5 submissions that included feedback on Coliban Water's proposed approach to developer charges, its hardship assistance and growth estimates.
We will consider all feedback in our draft decision on Coliban Water's proposals. See our Submissions Policy for how we approach anonymous and confidential submissions.
Our guidance to Coliban Water on preparing its price submission.
Interactive fact sheet
In June 2023 the Essential Services Commission released its final decision on Coliban Water’s price submission. The final decision completes our review of the maximum prices that Coliban Water may charge for its services for a five-year regulatory period from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2028.