Learn about various water heating and space heating/cooling activities which can be undertaken by accredited persons under the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program at residential and business premises.
Water heating and space heating/cooling activities for residential and business
This page provides information for accredited providers and scheme participants of the VEU program. To access consumer information on the program, please go to the Energy saving information for consumers page.
Water heating activities
Eligible water heating activities include:
- electric boosted solar replacing electric resistance (activity 1C)
- heat pump replacing electric resistance (activity 1D)
- heat pump replacing gas/LPG (activity 3C)
- electric boosted solar replacing gas/LPG (activity 3D)
Space heating/cooling activities
Eligible space heating/cooling activities include:
- installing a high efficiency air conditioner (activity 6)
- installing gas heating ductwork (activity 28)
There are a number of activity scenarios under activity 6 which are defined based on the decommissioned product and which provide different VEEC values.
See the activity resources tab on this page for VEEC assignment form templates which sets out the information which must be captured in the VEEC assignment forms for each of the above activities.
If you are interested in undertaking water heating and/or space heating/cooling activities, you can either:
- work with an accredited person who is accredited to undertake these activities
- apply for accreditation or, if you are already an accredited person, apply for additional activity approval.
Get products listed on our Register of Products
Commercial and industrial heat pump water heater activity
Learn about the commercial and industrial heat pump water heater activity able to be undertaken by accredited persons under the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program.