Learn about the commercial and industrial heat pump water heater activity that can be undertaken under the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program.
Commercial and industrial heat pump water heater activities
This page provides information for accredited providers and scheme participants of the VEU program. To access consumer information on the program, please go to the Energy saving information for consumers page.
Commercial and industrial heat pump water heater activity (activity 44)
- decommissioning one or more gas-fired hot water boilers or heaters and installing an air source heat pump water heater (44A)
- decommissioning one or more electric resistance hot water boilers or heaters and installing an air source heat pump water heater (44B)
- installing an air source heat pump water heater (44C).
See the activity resources tab on this page for a detailed activity guide for the program requirements for creating Victoria energy efficiency certificates (VEECs), together with VEEC assignment form templates which set out the information which must be captured in the VEEC assignment forms.
If you are interested in undertaking water heating and/or space heating/cooling activities, you can either:
- work with an accredited person who is accredited to undertake these activities
- apply for accreditation or, if you are already an accredited person, apply for additional activity approval.
Get products listed on our Register of Products
Any products installed as part of this activity must be listed on our Register of Products by the time of certificate creation. For most activities, this involves a product application process.
Go to the product applicants page for information on how to apply for a product to be listed on our Register of Products.
The following documents are available to undertake commercial and industrial heat pump water heater activities.