Various water heating, and space heating and cooling activities can be undertaken by accredited person under the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program.
Water heating, and space heating and cooling activities
Water heating activities
Eligible water heating activities include:
- gas/LPG storage replacing electric (activity 1A)
- gas/LPG instantaneous replacing electric (activity 1B)
- electric boosted solar replacing electric (activity 1C)
- heat pump replacing electric resistance (activity 1D)
- gas/LPG boosted solar replacing electric (activity 1F)
- gas/LPG boosted solar replacing gas/LPG (activity 3B)
The VEET Regulations introduces a six month transitional period for water heating activities. New activity requirements and new greenhouse gas equations for water heating activities only apply from 10 June 2019.
However, premises which have previously received upgrades under the program will not be eligible for VEEC claims during this six month period. From 10 June 2018, the 'fresh start' rule will commence for this activity.
Space heating and cooling activities
Eligible space heating and cooling activities include:
- ducted gas heater for space heating (activity 5)
- ducted air to air heat pump for space heating (activity 7)
- room gas/LPG heater for space heating (activity 9)
- room air-to-air heat pump for space heating (activity 10)
- ducted evaporative cooler for space heating and cooling (activity 23)
- gas heating ductwork (activity 28)
There are a number of activity scenarios for activities 5, 7, 9 and 10 which are defined based on the decommissioned product and which provide different VEEC values.
See the resources tab on this page for a detailed activity guide for the program requirements for creating Victoria energy efficiency certificates (VEECs) for above activities, together with VEEC assignment form templates which sets out the information which must be captured in the VEEC assignment forms for each of the above activities.
If you are interested in undertaking water heating and/or space heating/cooling activities, you can either:
- work with an accredited person who is accredited to undertake these activities
- apply for accreditation or, if you are already an accredited person, apply for additional activity approval.
Get products listed on our Register of Products
Any products installed as part of this activity must be listed on our Register of Products by the time of certificate creation. For most activities, this involves a product application process. However, for some activities with products which are listed on the GEMS Register (including ducted air to air heat pump (activity 7) and room air to air heat pump (activity 10)), we periodically update our register with products listed on the GEMS register (i.e. stakeholders may not need to apply for product approval to be listed on our register).
Go to the product applicants page for information on how to apply for a product to be listed on our Register of Products.
Activities from 10/12/18 - resources
Use following documents only for activities undertaken under the 2018 VEET Regulations (i.e. for activities undertaken from 10 December 2018).
Water heating assignment forms
Space heating/cooling assignment forms
Activities before 10/12/18 - resources
Use following documents only for activities undertaken under the 2008 VEET Regulations (i.e. for activities undertaken prior to 10 December 2018).