Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) appliance activities can be undertaken in residential and non-residential settings.
Residential and non-residential appliance activities
This category includes:
- destruction of pre-1996 refrigerator or freezer (activity 19)
- high-efficiency refrigerator and freezer (activity 22)
- high-efficiency television (activity 24)
- energy-efficient clothes dryer (activity 25)
- high efficiency pool pump (activity 26)
- in-home display unit (residential only) (activity 30)
Activities 22, 24 and 25 only require the purchase of products eligible under the VEET Regulations (and not the physical installation of these products as required in other activities under the program).
Non-residential appliance activities
This category includes:
- high-efficiency motor (activity 31)
- refrigerated display cabinet (activity 32)
- refrigeration/ventilation fan motor activities (activity 33)
- water efficient pre-rinse spray valve activities (activity 36)
See the resources tab on this page for a detailed activity guide for the program requirements for creating Victoria energy efficiency certificates (VEECs) for above activities, together with VEEC assignment form templates which sets out the information which must be captured in the VEEC assignment forms for each of the above activities.
If you are interested in undertaking appliances activities, you can either:
- work with an accredited person who is accredited to undertake these activities
- apply for accreditation or, if you are already an accredited person, apply for additional activity approval.
Get appliance products listed on our Register of Products
Any products installed as part of this activity must be listed on our Register of Products by the time of certificate creation. For most activities, this involves a product application process.
However, for the following activities with products listed on the GEMS Register, we periodically update our register with products listed on the GEMS register (i.e. stakeholders may not need to apply for product approval to be listed on our register):
- High-efficiency refrigerator and freezer (activity 22)
- High-efficiency television (activity 24)
- Energy-efficient clothes dryer (activity 25)
- High-efficiency motor (31A product only) (activity 31)
Go to the product applicants page for information on how to apply for a product to be listed on our Register of Products.
Activities from 10/12/18 - resources
Use following documents only for activities undertaken under the 2018 VEET Regulations (i.e. for activities undertaken from 10 December 2018).
Residential assignment forms
Non-residential/business assignment forms
Activities before 10/12/18 - resources
Use following documents only for activities undertaken under the 2008 VEET Regulations (i.e. for activities undertaken prior to 10 December 2018).