We accepted an enforceable undertaking from South East Water about family violence customer protections.
South East Water Corporation enforceable undertaking 2023
We accepted an enforceable undertaking from South East Water about protecting customers experiencing family violence.
South East Water's enforceable undertaking over family violence customer protections
The Essential Services Commission has accepted a court enforceable undertaking from South East Water Corporation (South East Water) over allegations it failed to comply with important customer protections, including family violence obligations.
Under the enforceable undertaking, South East Water will:
- Further review and updates its domestic and family violence policy, associated processes and training;
- Improve quality assurance and compliance monitoring, including reporting detected non-compliance to the commission;
- Appoint and independent auditor to prepare a report on South East Water's implementation of the compliance improvement action plan;
- Appoint an independent person with expertise in family violence and Victoria's water legislation to review South east Water's domestic and family violence policy and associated processes and report on their findings;
- Provide the commission with South East Water's response to the findings and recommendations of the independent reviewer; and to
- Publish a notice summarising the purpose and key terms of the undertaking.