View Victorian Energy Upgrade (VEU) program delivery requirements for accredited persons, in accordance with COVIDSafe practices.
Coronavirus requirements in the Victorian Energy Upgrades program
The Victorian Government announced on Wednesday 8 September that some lockdown restrictions would be lifted in regional Victoria, except for Greater Shepparton, from 11:59pm on Thursday 9 September.
What this means for the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program.
For metropolitan Melbourne and Greater Shepparton
- All authorised workers will be required to obtain and carry a permit when working and travelling for work. Permits need to be certified by an employer and are available on the coronavirus website: Authorised provider and authorised worker permit | Coronavirus Victoria.
- Upgrade activities are permitted where required for safety, emergency repairs, maintenance or continued operation of essential services.
- Upgrade activities are permitted where they form part of a construction project and the property is unoccupied, however, workplace limits and limits on movement between multiple sites apply to all construction sites as specified in the construction sector guidance.
- Upgrade activities are permitted for solo outdoor services (including at occupied premises) where physical distancing can be maintained at all times – businesses with an ABN can conduct outdoor maintenance, repairs, cleaning and other building work, home renovations and installations. Additional workers are only permitted where required for safety reasons. Limits on movements between sites do not apply for solo outdoor services.
- Doorknocking as a form of lead generation or sales in the VEU program is not permitted in metropolitan Melbourne or Greater Shepparton.
For regional Victoria
- Upgrade, renovation and maintenance work can occur at occupied and unoccupied premises (noting metropolitan Melbourne workers are not authorised to undertake that work).
- Authorised workers from regional Victoria travelling to metropolitan Melbourne or Greater Shepparton for authorised work must obtain a permit and must follow those restrictions once there.
- Workplace restrictions for construction sites continue to apply as specified in the construction sector guidance.
- Doorknocking as a form of lead generation or sales in the VEU program is permitted in regional Victoria, although workers from metropolitan Melbourne or Greater Shepparton are not permitted to undertake this work.
Your COVIDSafe plan should be reviewed and updated in line with public health directions.
Face masks remain mandatory indoors and outdoors both in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria. Please ensure your staff follow the directions and keep up to date by visiting www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
We greatly appreciate your ongoing efforts to stay COVIDSafe.