Learn about gas efficiency activities able to be undertaken by accredited persons under the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program.
Gas efficiency activities
Gas efficiency activities eligibility
The Victorian Energy Upgrades program introduces six new deemed gas efficiency activities. Eligible gas efficiency activities include:
- installation of an energy efficient gas-fired steam boiler (decommissioning an existing inefficient gas-fired steam boiler)
- installation of an energy efficient gas-fired water boiler/heater (decommissioning an existing inefficient gas-fired water boiler/heater)
- installation of an electronic gas/air ratio control
- installation of a combustion trim control
- installation of a new gas-fired burner (decommissioning an existing inefficient old gas-fired burner)
- installation of an economizer.
See the resources tab on this page for a detailed activity guide for the program requirements for creating Victoria energy efficiency certificates (VEECs) for above activities, together with VEEC assignment form templates which sets out the information which must be captured in the VEEC assignment forms for each of the above activities.
If you are interested in undertaking gas efficiency activities, you can either:
- work with an accredited person who is accredited to undertake these activities
- apply for accreditation or, if you are already an accredited person, apply for additional activity approval.