Various space conditioning, shower rose and incandescent lighting upgrade activities are eligible under the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program.
Space conditioning, shower rose and incandescent lighting activities
Space conditioning activities
This category covers:
- underfloor insulation (activity 12)
- double glazed window (activity 13)
- thermally efficient window product (activity 14)
- weather sealing (activity 15).
For weather sealing activity, there are eight distinct scenarios (activities 15A to 15H) available under this activity.
Low flow shower rose activity
Activity 17 involves replacing an inefficient shower rose with an efficient (low flow) shower rose.
The Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) Regulations introduces a six month transitional period for low flow shower rose activity. Until 9 June 2019, shower roses which meet the 2008 VEET Regulations product requirements (i.e. with a flow rate of 9 L/min or less) can be installed. However, premises which have previously received upgrades under the program will not be eligible for Victorian energy efficiency certificates (VEEC) claims.
From 10 June 2019, the ‘fresh start’ will commence for this activity. Only shower roses with a flow rate of 7.5 L/min or less will be eligible for installation from this date.
Incandescent lighting activities
This category covers:
- incandescent GLS or CFL replacement (activity 21A)
- incandescent reflector lamp replacement (activity 21B)
- 12V halogen lamp replacement (activity 21C)
- 12V downlight and transformer replacement (activity 21D)
- mains voltage GU10 halogen lamp replaced with GU10 lamp (activity 21E)
- mains voltage GU10 downlight replaced with integrated downlight (activity 21F).
See the activity resources tab on this page for a detailed activity guide for the program requirements for creating Victoria energy efficiency certificates (VEECs) for above activities, together with VEEC assignment form templates which sets out the information which must be captured in the VEEC assignment forms for each of the above activities.
If you are interested in undertaking any of these activities, you can either:
- work with an accredited person who is accredited to undertake these activities
- apply for accreditation or, if you are already an accredited person, apply for additional activity approval.
Use the following documents only for activities undertaken under the 2018 VEET Regulations (i.e. for activities undertaken from 10 December 2018).