We have released updated guides and forms to reflect updated product and activity requirements for multi-split systems under activity 6.
Space heating activity updates for installation of multi-split systems
16 November 2023
The Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action has released Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) Specifications 2018 - Version 16.0 (VEU Specifications). The changes in specifications will come into effect on 1 January 2024.
Changes to the activity and product requirements for activity 6
Changes made under Part 6 of the VEU Specifications include:
- Changes to the input values used in calculating Victorian energy efficiency certificates (VEECs) for installation of multi-split systems to use the sum of the rated heating capacity (in kW) of all indoor units installed, rather than the rating of the outdoor unit.
- New requirement for internal and external units of multi-split systems to be from the same original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- Allowing products registered under GEMS (Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards) classes 18 to 21 to be eligible for listing as a ducted product, under product categories 6A to 6C.
We have released below updated guides and forms in response to the above changes.
Changes to VEEC assignment forms for activity 6
We have updated the VEEC assignment forms for the space heating activity (activity 6) to capture additional information about installations of multi-split systems, including detail of indoor units installed.
In advance of the revised specifications taking effect, accredited persons will be required to record updated information on their VEEC assignment forms for space heating activities undertaken from 1 December 2023.
Changes to VEEC creation forms for activity 6
We are also updating the VEEC creation forms for activity 6 to collect additional information about installation of multi-split systems:
- Space heating and cooling (activity 6) – residential premises
- Space heating and cooling (activity 6) – business and non-residential premises
Accredited persons will need to include additional information in these new fields when installing multi-split systems from 1 December 2023.
Changes to activity guide and product guide for space heating
We have released the following updated guides to reflect the changes to the space heating and cooling activity (activity 6) under the updated VEU Specifications:
- Water Heating and Space Heating and Cooling Activity Guide
- Water Heating and Space Heating and Cooling Product Application Guide
Where to get help
If you have any questions with respect to the information set out in this update, please contact VEU support on (03) 9032 01310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.