We are reviewing the energy Compliance and Performance Reporting Guideline to ensure it aligns with regulatory reforms implemented over 2020.
Compliance and Performance Reporting Guideline review 2020
Consultation starts9 December 2020
Submissions close (compliance reporting)15 January 2021
Submissions close (performance reporting)22 January 2021
Updated guideline publishedFebruary 2021
New guideline in effect1 July 2021
The Compliance and Performance Reporting Guideline sets out what electricity and gas retailers and distributors need to report to us. To help ensure we receive the correct information, we ask regulated businesses to use reporting templates we have created.
We are proposing to amend the reporting guideline so that it aligns with regulatory reforms implemented over the last year, including:
- strengthened protections for life support customers that came into effect between 2 January 2020 and 1 July 2020
- rules to ensure energy contracts are clear and fair that came into effect on 1 July 2020
- requirements for retailers to support customers making utility relief grant applications that came into effect on 1 October 2020
- changes to the back-billing rules that will come into effect on 1 January 2021
- updated customer protections relating to communicating planned outages and the guaranteed service level scheme that will come into effect between 1 January 2021 and 1 July 2021.
We are also proposing to specify further compliance breach reporting relating to existing code obligations.
We are proposing that the new guideline will take effect from 1 July 2021.
We welcome feedback on our proposals
The slides below set out the proposed content of this guideline update in more detail. We have circulated draft updated compliance breach reporting templates to retailers and distributors. We separately circulated draft performance reporting templates to electricity distributors. If you are interested in receiving a copy, please contact the team at email@example.com.
We welcome feedback on our proposals relating to compliance reporting until 15 January 2021. Submissions to our proposed performance reporting changes can be made by electricity distributors until 22 January 2021.