Our activity guides have been updated to reflect changes to Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) specifications 2018 and ABN/ACN evidence requirements for non-residential and ‘business’ activities.
Changes to building based lighting upgrade (activity 34) and ABN/ACN evidence requirements
26 March 2021
Changes to building based lighting upgrade (activity 34)
Following stakeholder consultation, the Victorian Energy Upgrades specifications 2018 have been amended to include the following changes to building based lighting upgrade (activity 34) which apply from 1 April 2021.
The changes to Activity 34 J6 and non-JG upgrades may impact your Victorian energy efficiency certificates (VEEC) calculations for J6 and non-J6 building based lighting upgrades.
We will be publishing an updated Building Based Lighting Upgrade Activity Guide to reflect the above change on 1 April.
Activity 34: J6 upgrade
Activity 34 J6 upgrades are being updated to align with the National Construction Code (NCC) 2019 (Volume one). These changes include, updated Illumination power density (IPD) values, removal of the 'Maintained emergency lighting' space type and 'Unlisted space type with illuminance between 481 lx and 540 lx and updated space type wording.
Activity 34: non-J6 upgrade
Activity 34 non-J6 upgrades are being updated to reduce the high intensity discharge (HID) incentive, applying a new reduced discount factor of 0.6 to high intensity discharge lighting upgrades.
Lamp circuit power (LCP) will be adjusted for metal halide, mercury vapour and high pressure sodium light sources to account for the reduced high intensity discharge incentive.
Changes to ABN/ACN evidence requirements
We have identified some inconsistencies in our ABN/ACN requirements for ‘non-residential and ‘business’ activities in some activity guides and the certificate creation forms. Accordingly, we have made the following changes effective 1 April 2021:
- The ABN/ACN field in all ‘business’ activity creation forms will be made mandatory. Accredited Persons must record the ABN/ACN information of a consumer where they hold an ABN/ACN. If the consumer does not have an ABN or ABN, APs can record ‘N/A’ in the field.
- The evidence requirements in our activity guides will be updated as follows from 1 April.
- For business or non-residential upgrades, the invoice for the upgrade must include:
- the name and address of the energy consumer
- the Australian Business Number/Australian Company Number (ABN/ACN) of the energy consumer (where relevant)
- the installation address (if different to the energy consumer)
- the name, address and ABN of the installer business
This change aligns evidence requirements for all non-residential and business activities and will assist us in validating these activity creation claims.