We have developed a framework which is designed to support good decision making practices under the VEU program.
How we make VEU decisions
We have developed a decision making framework which is designed to support a culture of good decision making practices. This framework is underpinned by our commitment to:
- being transparent, accountable and keeping our stakeholders informed about decision-making
- creating the right culture, systems and processes to support good decision-making.
The objectives of the framework are:
- to create the right culture and systems to empower our people to make good decisions
- to facilitate the making of decisions that are:
- independent, evidence based, consistent, balanced and proportionate
- in line with our regulatory framework
- to provide transparency about our decisions and their rationale to stakeholders
Our decision-making processes are clear and consistent
Our decisions reflect our legislative frameworks, program objectives and commission policies
We provide the opportunity for feedback and review
Our decisions are evidence based, consistent, and balanced
Our decisions consider a range of impacts including program outcomes, public interest, community expectations and market impacts
We assess each issue on its own merits
Our decisions are proportional in addressing compliance and program risk
We assess costs and benefits of our decisions while balancing the impact an reputation of the program
We have a clear rationale for the information we request
The rationale for our decisions will be clear and documented
Review list of decisions made under the VEU program since 1 January 2019 which have resulted in amendments to program requirements.