We promote the long-term interests of Victorian consumers with respect to the price, quality and reliability of essential services.
Essential Services Commission
We have released our latest council rate cap compliance report, which has found all 79 Victorian councils kept their rates at or below the level set by the cap amount for 2023-24.
We are seeking feedback on our draft decision on the minimum feed-in tariffs that energy companies will pay Victorian solar customers from 1 July 2024.
We have released our draft decision on the Gas Distribution Code of Practice which will provide a fairer and clearer framework for gas network customers as Victoria's energy system transitions to achieve legislated emissions reductions targets.
We are reviewing the Victorian Default Offer prices to apply from 1 July 2024 to 30 June 2025. Your feedback can help inform our approach to setting electricity default offer prices for 2024-25.
- Ferguson Wind Farm Pty Ltd - application for electricity generation licence - consultation closes Monday 27 November 2023
- Victorian Default Offer price review 2024-25 - consultation closes Thursday 14 December 2023
- Goulburn-Murray Water price review 2024 - consultation closes Friday 15 December 2023
- Greater Western Water price review 2024 - consultation closes Friday 15 December 2023
- Unbooked taxi fares and non-cash payment surcharge review 2024 - consultation closes Friday 15 December 2023
- Proposal to amend the Water Industry Standards - consultation closes Wednesday 20 December 2023
- Reviewing the Gas Distribution System Code of Practice - consultation closes Thursday 21 December 2023
- Minimum feed-in tariff review 2024-24 - consultation closes Friday 22 December 2023