We approved a mechanism to allow Coliban Water to apply for tariff adjustments to deal with the impact of uncertain and unforeseen events.
Coliban Water interim period price application review 2008
Examples of uncertain and unforeseen events that could justify an application under this mechanism include:
- significant changes in the timing or costs associated with major capital (or other) projects
- significant differences between actual and forecast demand levels
- changes in legislative and other government-imposed obligations, including the introduction of a national emissions trading scheme
- catastrophic events such as fire, earthquake or act of terrorism and/or
- any other events that are not within the business' control and for which we consider an adjustment is required.