These codes specify the standards and conditions that water businesses must comply with when they provide water or wastewater services to customers.
Customer service codes
In line with our customer service codes, Victorian water businesses are required to:
- follow the customer-related standards, procedures and practices set out in the code that is relevant to them
- develop, issue and comply with a customer charter that meets the procedural and substantive requirements of the relevant code, and sets out the water business’s approved service standards.
These codes also reflect changes we made as a result of:
- our 2020 water price reviews and 2018 water price review
- our review related to the Royal Commission into Family Violence
- our work on regulating debt management powers
- amendments we made as a result of changes to key pieces of water-related legislation.
You can view all projects related to our customer service codes in our resources tab.
View information about the water customer code survey on family violence updates.
Read more about our 2019 water codes review.