We have made changes to the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) guidelines, following a review and consultation in early 2019.
VEET guidelines review 2019
Draft decision4 March 2019
Submission close29 March 2019
Final decision1 May 2019
Guidelines gazetted16 May 2019
Following our 2019 review of the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Guidelines, we have decided to implement all the key amendments from the draft decision (PDF).
The amended guidelines was gazetted on the Victorian Government Gazette on 16 May 2019. The new guidelines takes effect on 3 June 2019.
Summary of key changes to the guidelines
- changes to Register of Products requirements
- allowing products contained in the greenhouse and energy minimum standard (GEMS) register and National Electricity Market Load Tables for Unmetered Connection Points to be installed under the VEU program
- the ability for us to set requirements for certain installations (e.g. minimum standards for lighting equipment)
- addition of benchmarking as a measure of energy use for project-based activities
- amendments to reflect
- rebranding from the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target scheme to the Victorian Energy Upgrades program
- the use of both the VEU Registry and the commission website to support the administration of the program
- changing the name of explanatory notes to guidance document
- confirming our power to require Accredited Persons (APs) to provide certain training and has the power to require APs to use licensed installers.