The Victorian Energy Upgrades program Lighting Product Application Guide has been updated to include new requirements.
Update to Lighting Product Application Guide 2019
From 1 October, applicants of products under the category 21 (residential lighting) of the VEU program must submit evidence of product compliance with the Electrical Equipment Safety System (EESS). The applicant must now submit a screenshot of the Electrical Regulatory Authorities Council (ERAC) database to confirm the registration of their lighting products with ERAC.
We have also made some other changes to the Lighting Production Application Guide. They are summarised below:
- Photograph requirement is now mandatory for test reports, regardless of issue date
- Reporting of LED drive current in ISTMT reports is now mandatory regardless of issue date
- Updated reporting against omni-directionality requirements
- Updated sample size requirement for LM80 and TM21 reports
- Added a new Nominal Lamp Power (NLP) requirement for product categories 27, 34 and 35: NLP ≥ LCP/1.1.
- Added a requirement to provide information on the driver type in the specification sheet for product categories 27, 34 and 35.
- Added definitions for 'Exact efficacy' and 'Reported lifetime(L70)'
- Removed the need for a safety certificate for an integral driver of a lamp
- Consolidated all the requirements for product categories 21A, 21B, 21C, 21D, 21E and 21F.
Who is impacted by these changes
- Product applicants for lighting products in the VEU program
- Product suppliers for lighting products in the VEU program
Where to get help
If you have any questions with respect to changes set out in this program update, please contact VEU Support on (03) 9032 1310 or email@example.com