We have released improvements to the product application portal of the VEU registry and made updates to a number of product application guides and product application forms
Changes to the VEU product application portal and product application guides
6 September 2022
Improvements to the product application portal of the VEU registry
We have made several improvements to the online product application portal of the VEU registry. When submitting product applications under residential solar or heat pump water heating activities, applicants can now submit product applications for the VEU program (Victoria), ESS (NSW), or both. Applicants can select their preferences when submitting applications.
In addition to the changes above, when submitting applications under residential solar or heat pump water heating activities, applicants can enter one product at a time or use the new bulk upload function. For these activities, usually, there is a limit of three products per application. However, under special circumstances, we allow uploading of up to eight products per application. When uploading more than three products per application, please ensure that the following criteria are met.
- One component (i.e., the tank, solar collector, or heat pump) is shared across a family of products within the application.
- Each product listed in the application has a single technology. (i.e., pumped inline boost, thermosiphon, integrated HP, non-integrated HP etc.).
- One AS 2712 certificate covers all products in the application.
- The total number of test reports supporting the products does not exceed ten.
Please refer to the Water Heating and Space Heating/Cooling Product Application Guide for more information.
Other changes related to product applications
Listing of GEMS-listed products on the VEU Register of Products
We no longer mine the GEMS Register for VEU eligible products. Stakeholders will need to apply for GEMS-listed products to be listed on the VEU Register of Products for installation in the VEU program through the product application process. You can apply for a GEMS-listed product to be listed on the VEU Register of Products with minimal supporting documentation.
Laboratory accreditation of test laboratories
For products requiring testing based on an Australian or international standards, we require testing to be conducted at an independent laboratory appropriately accredited by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) or the equivalent national testing authority for that country where the test is being conducted.
Commercial and industrial air source heat pump water heaters test requirement update
We updated the test requirements for commercial and industrial air source heat pump water heaters under the standard EN 14511 and introduced additional low-temperature test conditions.
Updated product application guides and product application forms
We have updated the below product application guides and product application forms to reflect the above changes.
- Application Guide for Product Applicants
- Water Heating and Space Heating/Cooling Product Application Guide
- Commercial and Industrial Air Source Heat Pump Water Heater Product Application Guide
- Electric Boosted Solar Water Heater Product Application Form (VEU product category 1C and/or ESS activity definition D18 & D20)
- Heat Pump Water Heater Product Application Form (VEU product category 1D and/or ESS activity definition D17 & D19)
- Gas Boosted Solar Water Heater Product Application Form (VEU product category 1F and 3B and/or ESS activity definition D21)
Please use the updated product application forms when submitting new water heater product applications.