We have made a number of determinations under the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Regulations (2018).
Determinations made under the VEET Regulations
Section 36 of the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Regulations (2018) provides us with power to make determinations in relation to certain matters.
- We commission must determine the following for the purposes of regulations 18 and 21—
- lighting design requirements
- the required manner for demonstrating that an energy consumer accepts a lighting design
- the experience or qualifications or other requirements necessary for a person to be qualified to undertake a lighting design.
- We commission may determine the requirements for decommissioning declarations under regulation 17(2)
- We commission may determine a class of waste disposal facility in respect of a type of lighting equipment for the purposes of regulation 17(3).
- We may determine the manner and form of applications under regulations 20, 22 and 32.
- We commission may make determinations in respect of the following for the purpose of calculating the carbon dioxide equivalent of greenhouse gases to be reduced by the following prescribed activities—
- for a prescribed activity referred to in Part 27, 34 or 35 of Schedule 2, the lamp circuit power for a light source to be decommissioned, replaced or installed
- for a prescribed activity referred to in Part 21, 34 or 35 of Schedule 2, the performance requirements to apply in relation to measurements, testing or ratings.
- We may make determinations in respect of the following for the purposes of Parts 21, 27, 30, 34 and 35 of Schedule 2—
- performance requirements for products and the installation of products;
- minimum power factors for products
- minimum standards for lighting equipment
- approval of laboratory tests
- approval of encrypted communication protocols
- the suitability of a product to replace a decommissioned product.
- A determination under subregulation (1), (4), (5) or (6) that relates to a product may be made so as to apply differently in relation to different classes of product.
View our determinations
Download a list of all the determinations we have made under section 36 of the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Regulations (2018).