This retired guideline set out our requirements when electricity and gas licensees undertook regulatory audits.
Guideline 22: Regulatory Audits of Energy Businesses
This guideline was replaced by Audit Guidelines for Energy Businesses, which was finalised on 24 April 2018.
Guideline 22 outlines:
- how a regulatory audit scope was determined
- how the auditor will be approved
- what governance arrangements will apply during the audit process
- the form and format of the audit report.
The guideline was designed to encourage a culture of continuous improvement in the energy industry.
Under the terms of a licence, electricity and gas licensees were required to:
- comply with guideline 22 and any other guideline relevant to the audit process
- appoint an independent auditor to conduct an audit of certain areas.