We are consulting on draft administrative amendments to the Registration Guideline for Exempt Persons.
Registration Guideline for Exempt Persons review 2019
Draft amendments released26 September 2019
Consultation closes11 October 2019
Release final versionNovember 2019
Why are we proposing changes?
Since mid-2018, we have published over 1,500 registration exemptions and received many enquiries about registering exemptions.
We have undertaken an administrative review of the guideline following our discussions with stakeholders, and propose to make changes to provide further clarity.
What are the key changes?
The main changes proposed to the registration guideline include:
- clarifying language such as the terms: exempt seller and exempt supplier
- clarifying the deemed generation exemption category
- clarifying which exemptions caravan parks and similar sites need when undertaking certain sale and supply activities
- specifying the requirement to register a network exemption with the Australian Energy Regulator in some circumstances
- clarifying that one multiple activity exemption will cover all the sites and customers under a solar power purchase agreement provider’s contracts
- specifying how registration exemptions can be cancelled.
Submissions on the changes closed on Friday, 11 October 2019.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or phone 03 9032 1300.