The Commission is seeking feedback on the proposed Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) scheme compliance and enforcement policy.
The policy outlines our approach to promoting and enforcing compliance with the VEET act and VEET regulations and is important because:
- it ensures that the greenhouse gas abatement claimed by accredited persons is achieved
- it ensures scheme participants compete on a level playing field
- it reduces risk to scheme participants and consumers
- it protects the integrity of the scheme.
The policy promotes compliance with the VEET act and VEET regulations
It aims to achieve this by:
- setting out how we will achieve compliance and carry out enforcement
- providing scheme participants (accredited persons and relevant entities) with a better understanding of our compliance and enforcement processes
- assisting scheme participants to understand what we expect from them when participating in the VEET scheme
- encouraging an active compliance culture
- assisting scheme participants to comply with new activities such as project based activities, insulation activities and non-building based lighting.
Submissions must be made by 5 pm on Friday 18 August 2017
We are seeking feedback on the draft policy from accredited persons, relevant entities and other stakeholders.
To make a submission, please email email@example.com, or post to:
Essential Services Commission
Level 37, 2 Lonsdale Street
Submissions will be published on the Essential Services Commission website, unless requested otherwise. Commercially sensitive or confidential information will not be shared.
Draft policy released – Thursday 20 July 2017
Submissions open – Thursday 20 July 2017
Submissions close – 5 pm Friday 18 August 2017
Final policy released – October 2017
For more information contact us to speak with John Henry.
|20 Jul 2017||
Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Scheme Compliance and Enforcement Policy – Draft for Consultation