Find information about water bills, water prices, payment support, family violence support and other services and rights available to you as a water customer.
Information for water customers
This page has information on water bills, water prices, payment support, family violence support and other services and rights available to you as a water customer.
Calculate your water bill
Use our water bill calculator to estimate your annual water bill.
The calculator estimations are based on the maximum prices each water business is allowed to charge. It does not factor in parks charges or waterways and drainage charges.
Our annual water performance reports provide information about typical water bills.
For further information about your water bill, please contact your water business.
Interest payable on late water bills
Each year we set the maximum rate of interest that water businesses may charge customers on unpaid bills.
Your water business must not apply an interest rate of more than 2.9 per cent on amounts you owe in 2020-21. From 1 July 2022, the maximum interest rate water businesses may charge on unpaid bills will increase to 5.3 per cent.
If you are a concession card holder or are currently enrolled in a hardship program you may be exempt from interest payments. Please contact your water business to check eligibility.
Help with paying your bills
There are many reasons why you might find yourself struggling to pay your water bills. Your water business can help you manage your bills and stay on top of things.
Find out more about the help that water businesses can offer and your rights as a water customer.
Family violence support
If you are affected by family violence, ask your water business about how they can support you. At a minimum your water business must:
- offer assistance if you are struggling to pay your water bills
- help you protect your account information
- refer you to specialist family violence services.
Complaints and enquiries
If you have a complaint or an inquiry about your water business, you can:
- contact your water business directly — if the issue can’t be resolved at the first point of contact ask for it to be escalated to a more senior manager
- contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) for a free and informal dispute resolution service if you cannot resolve the issue with your water business yourself
- discuss Victoria’s water management, resources, governance and legislation with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- contact the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for commercial disputes over developer contributions to new water and sewerage connections.
How your water business is performing
Outcomes reporting considers the performance of Victoria’s water businesses against their own commitments to customers.
- The set of outcomes, measures and targets are unique to each business, reflecting those performance elements that matter most to its customers, as revealed through the customer engagement process.
- We expect water businesses to take ownership for their performance and be directly accountable to their customers through self-reporting as soon as practical after the completion of each reporting year.
See your water business’s website for more information on its outcomes.
We also report on the performance of Victoria’s 16 urban water businesses. Our annual water performance reports show how your water business compares on:
- customer service
- average water usage
- service reliability
- other key performance indicators.
Our quarterly phone surveys
You may receive an automated call from us asking you to rate your water business and its service. This ongoing quarterly customer phone survey gives us information about how satisfied customers are with their water business.
It is based on a short script and runs for roughly five minutes. You can access the results and find out about how customers rate their water business.