Find information about water bills, water prices, payment support, family violence support and other services and rights available to you as a water customer.
Information for water customers
This page has information on water bills, water prices, payment support, family violence support and other services and rights available to you as a water customers.
Calculate your water bill
Use our water bill calculator to estimate your annual water bill.
The calculator estimations are based on the maximum prices each water business is allowed to charge. It does not factor in parks charges or waterways and drainage charges.
Our annual water performance reports provide information about:
- typical water bills
- water businesses' performance.
For further information about your water bill, please contact your water business.
Water prices — have your say
We are currently reviewing the prices that Goulburn-Murray Water, South Gippsland Water and Western Water propose to charge from 1 July 2020.
To have your say about these prices make a submission through Engage Victoria:
- Goulburn-Murray Water 2020 price review
- South Gippsland Water 2020 price review
- Western Water 2020 price review
Your feedback will help shape our final decision. Submissions close on 24 January 2020.
Help with paying your bills
There are many reasons why you might find yourself struggling to pay your water bills. Your water business can help you manage your bills and stay on top of things.
Find out more about the help that water businesses can offer and your rights as a water customer.
Family violence support
If you are affected by family violence, ask your water business about how they can support you. At a minimum your water business must:
- offer assistance if you are struggling to pay your water bills
- help you protect your account information
- refer you to specialist family violence services.
Complaints and inquiries
If you have a complaint or an inquiry about your water business, you can:
- contact your water business directly — if the issue can’t be resolved at the first point of contact ask for it to be escalated to a more senior manager
- contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) for a free and informal dispute resolution service if you cannot resolve the issue with your water business yourself
- discuss Victoria’s water management, resources, governance and legislation with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- contact the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for commercial disputes over developer contributions to new water and sewerage connections.
Your water business’s performance
We report on the performance of Victoria’s 16 urban water businesses.
Our annual water performance reports show how your water business compares on:
- customer service
- average water usage
- service reliability
- other key performance indicators.
Our quarterly phone surveys
You may receive an automated call from us asking you to rate your water business and its service. This ongoing quarterly customer phone survey gives us information about how satisfied customers are with their water business.
It is based on a short script and runs for roughly five minutes. You can access the results and find out about how customers rate their water business.