We are reviewing maximum fares for unbooked commercial passenger vehicles.
Unbooked commercial passenger vehicle fare review 2018
Consultation paper28 February
Submissions closed28 March 2018
Draft decision21 June 2018
Submissions close19 July 2018
Final decisionSeptember 2018
We review maximum fares for commercial passenger vehicles every two years.
For this fare review, we will release a consultation paper, draft decision and final decision containing our analysis of fares. We will also release our first price determination on maximum fares for unbooked CPVs with our final decision.
We are conducting this review under the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Industry Act 2017.
Submit your feedback on our draft decision
Submissions on our draft decision are due by 19 July 2018, with our final decision expected in September. You can make a submission by:
- responding to the questions on the CPV fare review's Engage Victoria web page
- uploading your submission using the online submission form on the CPV fare review's Engage Victoria web page
- emailing your submission at firstname.lastname@example.org
- faxing your submission to 03 9032 1303.
Alternatively, you can send your submission by mail to:
Attention: Transport Division
Essential Services Commission
Level 37, 2 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
If you need help getting your submission to us please call 03 9032 1300 and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.
In our draft decision we:
- proposed maximum fares remain unchanged
- proposed taxi service providers be given the choice of using a new ‘time and distance’ fare structure
- sought stakeholder views on the inclusion of a cleaning fee (that would be payable if a passenger spills food or vomits in the taxi) in maximum fares.
We are seeking submissions on our draft decision. Submissions on the draft decision will close on 19 July 2018.
We released a consultation paper on 28 February 2018.
The consultation paper sought:
- feedback from stakeholders on our proposed approach to analysing maximum fares
- proposals from stakeholders on how we should set maximum fares.
Submissions on the consultation paper closed on 28 March 2018. We received 15 submissions (14 public and one confidential) on our consultation paper.
Following consultation on our draft decision we will publish our final decision in September 2018. Our final decision will be accompanied by our first price determination for unbooked commercial passenger vehicles.