Creating effective and efficient incentives for businesses and markets to perform
Our transport team:
- monitors pricing for prescribed services at the Port of Melbourne
- advises the minister on accident towing prices
- assesses and approves rail freight access arrangements
- monitors Victorian country and regional taxi fares
- determines taxi fares for metropolitan and large regional zones.
As part of our six Port of Melbourne regulatory responsibilities, we conduct regular reviews of the port’s compliance with a pricing order and its processes for setting tenant rents.
We also investigate complaints in relation to port pricing.