Over the last 12 years independent, expert and transparent scrutiny of the water industry has produced tangible benefits for customers. The evidence is clear. Independent economic regulation has brought a much clearer focus on performance and prices to the Victorian water industry. While these successes are notable, they do not imply or justify complacency. More can be done to promote efficiency and the outcomes valued by customers. For this reason, the Essential Services Commission (Victoria) has embarked on a wide ranging review of the design of the economic regulatory framework we administer.
- Our work plan, 2017–18
- Rate capping: Why the need for community engagement?
- Annual Report 2016-17
- Who benefits from the energy machine?
- Submission to ACCC inquiry into retail electricity supply and pricing
- Annual Report 2015-16 Financial Statements
- Annual Report 2015-16 Summary
- Annual Report 2015-16