We publish guidance and information for councils , which provides general guidance on the Fair Go Rates system. This includes guidance on:
- reporting requirements for all councils
- applying for a higher cap, and how the commission assesses applications
- complying with the rate cap set by the minister, or a higher cap approved by us.
The guidance for councils is accompanied by:
- the annual compliance information template, which must be submitted by all councils
- the higher cap application cover sheet, which must be submitted with higher cap applications
- the budget baseline information template, which must be submitted with higher cap applications.
Our community engagement resources support the guidance material, and aim to help councils better understand the community engagement expectations of the Fair Go Rates system.
- Guidance and information requirements for Councils 2018-19 (4)