The commission is currently reviewing our charter of consultation and regulatory practice.
A new draft charter is now open for public consultation along with a paper describing the process we went through to develop a new approach to engagement and consultation.
The objectives of the new draft charter include:
- promoting best-practice engagement and regulatory practice
- focusing on embedding principles that promote fit-for-purpose engagement that encourages continuous improvement
- contributing to achieving our legislative objectives.
We are now inviting comment on our new draft charter. In particular we would like to hear from you about:
- Our principles-based approach – is this the right direction for the commission?
- Our principles – have we got them right?
- Our approach to regulatory practice – does this line up with what you would expect from the commission?
- any other comments about our approach to engagement and consultation?
The updated charter will be supported by a new engagement framework to promote consistency and provide clear direction and guidance for staff.
This will involve developing internal guidelines, a capability development program including training and professional development, ongoing evaluation, monitoring and reporting on our engagement activities.
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title ‘Submission on draft charter of consultation and regulatory practice’.
Or send by mail to:
Attention: Strategic Communication Essential Services Commission
Level 37, 2 Lonsdale Street
To promote transparency, we will make all submissions publicly available on our website unless clearly instructed otherwise in the submission.
Submissions open – 14 December 2017
Submissions close – 29 January 2018
Final charter release – February 2018