Access resources that help councils align with our regulatory framework and effectively engage with their communities.
We have developed several guidance resources that help councils align with our Fair Go Rates system, which acts as our regulatory framework for administering council rate caps.
Our guidance resources include information on:
- reporting requirements for all councils
- applying for a higher cap, and how the commission assesses applications
- complying with the rate cap set by the minister, or a higher cap approved by us.
The guidance for councils is accompanied by:
- the annual compliance information template, which must be submitted by all councils
- the higher cap application cover sheet, which must be submitted with higher cap applications
- the budget baseline information template, which must be submitted with higher cap applications.
Our community engagement resources help councils better understand the community engagement expectations of the Fair Go Rates system.