AGL Energy Limited proposed acquiring an additional interest in the Loy Yang A Power Station and the adjacent Loy Yang Coal Mine.
AGL Energy Ltd - proposed acquisition of Loy Yang Power 2012
AGL Energy Limited (AGL) proposed acquiring an additional interest in the Loy Yang A Power Station and the adjacent Loy Yang Coal Mine. At the time of application, AGL owned a 32.54 per cent interest in the Great Energy Alliance Corporation Pty Ltd (GEAC), the ultimate owner and operator of the LYP Business. The other owners of GEAC (and their respective shareholdings in GEAC) were:
- Tokyo Electric Power Company International B.V. (32.54 per cent)
- Ratch Australia Corporation Ltd (14.03 per cent)
- Motor Trades Association of Australia Superannuation Fund Pty Ltd as trustee for the MTAA Superannuation Fund (12.61 per cent)
- Australian Super (5.78 per cent)
- Statewide Superannuation Pty Ltd as trustee for Statewide Superannuation trust (2.5 per cent).
Following the transaction, AGL held a 100 per cent interest in GEAC.