We will review focused areas of the Electricity Distribution Code to ensure that the distribution of electricity in Victoria continues to be undertaken in a safe, efficient and reliable manner.
Initial areas of focus for Electricity Distribution Code review 2019
Public forumDecember 2018
Approach paperApril 2019
First issues paperJune / July 2019
Draft decision - TechnicalAugust / September 2019
Final decision - TechnicalOctober / November 2019
Draft decision - Customer protectionJanuary / February 2020
Final decision - Customer protectionMarch / April 2020
Initial focus areas of review
Informed by the stakeholder forum of 10 December 2018, our review of the Electricity Distribution Code will initially focus on areas aligning with stakeholder interests and sentiment such as:
- Guaranteed Service Level (GSL) - This is compensation for customers involving low reliability in supply, failure to connect a customer or not adhering with scheduled appointments.
- Disconnection and re-connection - The conditions when a distributor may disconnect and must reconnect.
- Supply outage notification - A distributor must notify a customer within a defined period before any planned works that results in an outage.
- Complaints and dispute resolution - A distributor must have in place complaints and dispute resolution framework.
- Voltage standards - Technical parameters that govern the way electricity is supplied.
- Harmonics - Technical parameters that govern the distortion limits with the power supply.
- Negative sequence - Technical parameter that govern the level of system imbalance.
- Power factor - A measure of the effective use of power.
Other work affecting the code
Update of life support provisions
New rules regarding life support customer protection came into effect nationally in February 2019. We will review this and other relevant codes to consider their effects.
Improved connection process
We are currently monitoring the commitment agreed to by distributors and other industry stakeholders to improve this process.
The code has many different areas to consider. Throughout 2019-20 we will be engaging with many different stakeholders as we consider the matters outlined for review.
If you would like to receive direct updates and notifications about our project, please email email@example.com.