As part of our Electricity Distribution Code review 2019, we are reviewing technical standards within the Electricity Distribution Code, such as the voltage standards.
Technical standards in the Electricity Distribution Code (2019 review)
Draft decisionSeptember / October 2019
Final decisionNovember / December 2019
As part of our Electricity Distribution Code review 2019, we are reviewing technical standards within the Electricity Distribution Code.
The technical standards of the code are reflective of an era when there was limited ways for customers to interact with the electricity network.
New energy technology such as solar generators and batteries are now making available choices for customers and how they could interact with the electricity network.
Our code review seeks the technical standards to remain fit for purpose in such an environment to cover areas such as:
- voltage standards - technical parameters that govern the way electricity is supplied
- frequency - system security technical characteristic that originates from the physical spinning of the generator
- harmonics - technical parameters that govern the distortion limits with the power supply
- negative sequence - technical parameter that govern the level of system imbalance
- power factor - a measure of the effective use of power.
The code has many different areas to consider. Throughout 2019-20 we will be engaging with many different stakeholders as we consider the matters outlined for review.
If you would like to receive direct updates and notifications about our project, please email email@example.com.