The Essential Services Commission is committed to pursuing best practice in its consultation and decision making. When consulting with key stakeholders, we’re aiming to be:
- independent, balanced and fair
- accessible and inclusive of all relevant stakeholders
- representative and fair in the way we explain the key issues and facts
- effective by identifying priority issues, providing well targeted opportunities for consultation and resolving issues in a timely manner, and
- efficient by minimising the costs of regulatory activities and seeking to ensure the costs of regulation do not exceed the benefits.
We are currently reviewing our Charter of Consultation and Regulatory Practice with the aim of improving and modernising our approach to engaging with stakeholders.
The review is happening in three parts including:
- internal consultation and review – July through November 2017
- external conversations with key stakeholders – August through September 2017
- formal exhibition phase – to be confirmed.
If you are interested in having input into this review process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.