In November 2008, the Commission commenced its review of the expenditure and pricing proposals submitted by the four metropolitan Melbourne water businesses – City West Water, South East Water, Yarra Valley Water and Melbourne Water (in respect of its bulk water and sewerage services) – for the four year regulatory period commencing on 1July 2009.
The Commission completed its assessment of the businesses' proposals against the pricing principles in the Water Industry Regulatory Order (WIRO). It has either approved the businesses' proposed prices or specified maximum prices, or the manner in which prices are to be determined, for the services provided by the businesses over the regulatory period.
The Commission previously completed a review of the prices for and regional urban and rural services and Melbourne Water's drainage and waterways services in June 2008.
- Draft Decision – Metropolitan Melbourne Water Price Review 2009-13 (16)
- Final Decision – Metropolitan Water Price Review 2009-13 (1) (14)
- Issues Paper – Melbourne Metropolitan Water Price Review 2009-13 (3)
- Water Plan – Melbourne Water (1) (2)
- Water Plan – South East Water (1) (3)